Monday, September 15, 2014

5 Things To Know About Sophie Hunter, Also Known As Benedict Cumberbatch’s New Girlfriend

CRUSHABLE
Sun, Sep 14 - 9:49 am ET

Benedict Cumberbatch

I am irrevocably and wholeheartedly apologetic for doing this to you first thing on a Sunday morning, fellow Cumberbitches (or Cumber Collective/Cumberbabes if you’re feeling PC), but the mystery of the identity surrounding our beloved Benedict Cumberbatch‘s new girlfriend has been solved. Meaning she actually exists, and this is apparently a real things we must face. Sigh, I know. I know. I’m 29 years old and I’ve actually contemplated hanging a Sherlock poster on my ceiling, so believe me when I say I know the Cumberlove struggle is real. But according to multiple media outlets (British ones, so you know they’re salacious enough to probably be true), his “latest companion” is an actress by the name of Sophie Hunter.

All we knew of her previously was that she possibly possessed a real identity and was maybe part of the matchmaking efforts of a PBS producer, which is kind of weird. Now that we know who she is, let’s see what it is about her that Benedict finds so irresistible. Just allow me to first remove the fist that just swiftly punched me in the gut, and we’ll be on our way.



1. She’s hella smart.
She studied French and Italian at Oxford before enrolling at the Jacques Lecoq school of theatre in Paris. Okay, but I once took a class about the Arab/Israeli conflict back in college. So…yeah. Take that. On a more serious note, Benedict being into smart chicks just makes me even more into Benedict.

2. She likes horses and pianos.
According to her IMDB page, she is a “highly skilled pianist and equestrian.” YES BUT CAN SHE PLAY THE PIANO WHILST RIDING SIDESADDLE? The world may never know.

3. She’s starred in a few movies but is primarily a theatre actress.
She had a role in Vanity Fair alongside Reese Witherspoon, but has spent most of her career touring Europe, the Middle East, and parts of the United States with different theatre companies. She even won the Samuel Beckett Award for writing and directing back in 2007, which is a pretty big deal.



Read more: http://www.crushable.com/2014/09/14/entertainment/sophie-hunter-benedict-cumberbatch-girlfriend-who-is-she/#ixzz3DOJiur7M

No comments: